The World Bank Robert S. McNamara Fellowships Program invites academics from developing nations who are interested in taking part in rigorous research with direct application to policy to submit an application for this fellowship.
Participants will be hosted by the World Bank in Washington, DC from September to May each year, during which time they will conduct high-quality, policy-relevant research under the guidance of World Bank experts in the Development Impact Evaluation (DIME) and Development Research Group divisions.
Eligibility: Application requirements for the RSMFP include:
- Citizens of nations that are members of the World Bank or the World Bank Group, with a priority given to citizens of developing countries
- MA graduates or those enrolled in doctoral programs in economics or a comparable discipline;
- no older than 35 (by June 30 of the year the fellowship begins);
- To relocate to Washington, D.C., for the term of the fellowship, if necessary.
Category: Master’s and doctoral degrees
Nations That Are Qualified To Apply: Developing Countries
- Each fellow in the RSMFP receives a competitive salary of $44,888 after taxes for their 8-month fellowship (paid in monthly installments).
- Under the guidance of World Bank DEC researchers, fellows will get experience working on World Bank projects while receiving education in cutting-edge research methodologies and technology.
- At the beginning of the program, fellows will participate in a one-week technical onboarding that includes instruction on reproducible research techniques.
- On the basis of their fellowship research, fellows will be asked to submit a blog post for DEC.
Awards: Unknown number
Application Process: For further information, go to the World Bank website.
Submission Deadline: April 3, 2023