The Scaling Up Nutrition Business Network (SBN) in collaboration with the FATE Foundation is organizing the 2023 Edition of the SBN Annual Pitch Competition. This initiative is part of a larger EUR80 million program concentrated on six African countries (Benin, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, and Uganda).
The primary goal of this partnership is to recognize innovative business models geared towards advancing access to nutritious food for low-income consumers while ensuring profitability. The focus is on approaches that enable companies to remain profitable while offering food at prices customers can afford. Additionally, the project will provide support to entrepreneurs in the nutrition sector, enhancing their capabilities and refining their business models through innovative strategies to enhance access to nutritious food in Nigeria.
Requirements Applicants Must:
- Be Nigerian citizens, aged between 25 and 50 as of January 2024.
- Serve as the Founder, Owner Manager, or CEO of a growth-stage agribusiness venture (Only one applicant per business accepted).
- Focus their Agribusiness on Nutrition and Innovation.
- Possess a strong business model aimed at reaching low-income consumers.
- Demonstrate a unique or innovative marketing strategy.
- Employ a minimum of three full-time highly skilled staff in managerial roles (excluding part-time and low- or semi-skilled staff).
- Have their Agribusiness venture registered with the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC), currently operational, and generating income.
- Commit to full-time participation in the one-week boot camp and all other program-related activities.
- One Week Pitch Readiness Bootcamp
- GAP Advisory Sessions
- Growth Plan Development
- Pitch Competition
- CEO Fireside Chat
- Series of Workshops and Masterclass Sessions
- 4-month Hand-holding Mentorship Community
- Access to Alumni Community post-graduation
- A shared amount of N10,000,000 among the winners of the Pitch Competition
For More Information,
Application Deadline: December 3rd, 2023