The British Council, through the Scotland SGSAH, is pleased to announce the commencement of applications for the British Council Scotland SGSAH Earth Scholarships 2024 for international research collaborations between Ph.D. and Early Career Researchers and Scottish Institutions.
The Fellowship will create international mobility and research opportunities to develop and support new approaches to addressing the global challenge of the climate crisis while supporting sustainable research and cultural exchange within and outside the fields of art, science, and technology.
The program will provide scholarships for doctoral researchers and career starters from outside the UK to come to Scotland to undertake a direct and combined exchange of up to 3 months in 2024, in the fields of environmental arts and human sciences. The Research Internship will include a two-week Live Cohort Leadership Core Leadership Program in which all recipients will join Scotland-based academics to network and collaborate in April 2024, supported by a set of thematic and geographic clusters.
The program aims to promote the role and intervention of the environment and humanities, as well as the arts and culture sectors, in addressing the climate emergency, as well as interdisciplinary research capacity majors in the fields of Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics (STEAM).
To be eligible for the British Council SGSAH Earth Scholarship 2024, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be registered Ph.D. and entrepreneurship scholars or graduates from a university outside the UK working in the humanities and environmental arts to come to Scotland to work with an academic advisor and mentor. Consult to access the network and resources of the host institution of higher education.
- Must demonstrate excellent academic and research ability.
- Early career researchers must be within one year of being notified of their PhD award.
- Launch the program and call the application. Watch the recording: Monday, August 7, 2023, 12 noon BST
- Link to introduce the online registration program:
https://tockify.com/sgsah/detail/187/1693227600000(please note that this session will be logged): Monday, August 28, 2023, at 2 pm BST
- Complete your online registration link: https://tockify.com/sgsah/detail/188/1695031200000(Please note that this session will be logged): Monday, September 18, 2023, 11 a.m. BST
- Information session for host universities and mentors Online Registration Link: https://tockify.com/sgsah/detail/189/169625160000 (please note that this session will be logged): Monday, October 2, 2023, 2 p.m. Note that this session is not for candidates only
- Registration deadline: Wednesday, November 1, 2023, 12 noon GMT
- Announcement of application results: by Friday, December 1, 2023
- Award deadline: Friday, December 8, 2023
- Online Scholarship Presentation and Preparation Session: TBC: January 2024
- Research Internship (6 weeks–3 months): April–July 2024
- Live Team Development Program: April 15–26, 2024
- SGSAH Summer School: June 17, 2024
- Global Connectivity Program 2024: TBC: Summer 2024
Documents required for the application
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- A complete research proposal; and details on how you will benefit from your Cluster membership, team building activities, training, and development.
- Budget and justification of resources.
- One CV (up to 4pp).
- Letter of support from your thesis supervisor (up to 2 pages).
- Letter of support from the proposed host institution (head of department or equivalent) (maximum 2 pages)
Registration deadline: November 1, 2023
Latest Scholarship Update