The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), in partnership with the NNPC/Shell/Total/Agip Joint Venture (SPDC JV), announces the initiation of the 2018 SPDC JV LiveWIRE Programme, specially designed to engage youth from the Niger Delta states.
The primary goal of LiveWIRE is to enhance opportunities for young individuals to unlock their potential by establishing and nurturing their own enterprises. Such ventures are intended to contribute to a more robust economy and foster communities with empowered and accomplished young people.
LiveWIRE Nigeria represents a youth enterprise development initiative backed by the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC).
The Programme aims to:
- Raise business awareness among final-year university students, encouraging them to view starting a business as a viable career choice.
- Assist young individuals in identifying and cultivating business concepts through Bright Ideas Workshops.
- Provide business planning and management guidance and skills to those aspiring to initiate a business through the Become A Successful Owner Manager Course (BSOM).
- Organize awards for the best business plans, granting access to micro-credit facilities through third parties such as banks, NGOs, and affiliated financial institutions.
- Institute an award for young entrepreneurs who have sustained a business for 2 to 3 years, continuing the award annually.
- Offer a volunteer mentoring program to those who have completed the training course and opt to pursue their entrepreneurial ventures, drawing mentors from various sectors like oil & gas, banking, and social voluntary sectors.
- Produce and disseminate information on youth enterprise at the LiveWIRE Resource Centre.
- Target Beneficiaries: Youths aged 18 to 30 years.
- For young individuals, there are opportunities to access appealing, targeted, high-quality programs and platforms to engage with peers facing similar aspirations and hurdles.
- For the joint venture partners, notably Shell, there are prospects in Public Relations, media exposure, and brand visibility aimed at demonstrating dedication to local economic development. Moreover, since LiveWIRE operates within the realm of youth development and small business—an area of significant political and social concern worldwide—it serves as a platform to engage governments in interacting with youths, the future leaders. LiveWIRE also presents valuable opportunities for Shell’s Employee Volunteering programs.
- Applicants should be natives of Rivers, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo, Abia, Akwa Ibom, Cross River, or Edo States
- Must reside in their state of origin.
- Must hold a University degree or HND in any field and should not be engaged in paid employment.
- Must possess an innovative business concept and aspire to establish and manage a business.
- Applicants should not have owned a business for more than three (3) years. They should not have previously received any benefits from Shell Community Skills & Enterprise Development Social Investment programs, including LiveWIRE, Community Skills Training, Agricultural programs, etc.
Business Plan should align with specified value chain sectors/areas, including but not limited to:
- Clean Energy Solutions or Oil and Gas Social Enterprise
- Retail and Wholesale
- ICT and Telecommunications.
Method of Application
For More Information,
Application Deadline: December 22, 2023