The Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA) is a collaboration between leading institutions such as the Agency for Science, Technology & Research (A*STAR), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), National University of Singapore, the Singapore University of Technology and Design, and Singapore Management University.
PhD training within the program is conducted in English at A*STAR research institutes and NTU/NUS/SUTD/SMU labs. Upon successful completion, students receive a PhD degree from NTU, NUS, SUTD, or SMU.
Singapore serves as a gateway to rapidly growing economies in the Asia-Pacific region. With SINGA, you can pursue your PhD education in Singapore, connect globally, and advance your research career.
SINGA cultivates a diverse research community of international students, fostering collaboration in a multicultural setting alongside esteemed researchers using cutting-edge facilities.
Embark on your PhD journey in Singapore with SINGA and elevate your research aspirations.
- Full support for up to 4 years of PhD studies, covering tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of S$2,200, rising to S$2,700 after passing the Qualifying Examination
- One-time travel allowance of a maximum S$1,500
- One-time settling-in allowance of S$1,000
- Preference for on-campus accommodation, particularly for first-year students
- Open to international graduates demonstrating a keen interest in research and displaying outstanding academic performance. Note: Singaporeans, Singapore Permanent Residents, and international students who have studied in Singapore tertiary institutions are not eligible for SINGA.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English.
- Favorable assessments from academic referees.
- The outlined eligibility criteria are not exhaustive. A*STAR might include additional selection criteria based on current scholarship policies, which could change without prior notice.
Documents Required for Application:
- Academic transcripts for Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees.
- Bachelor’s degree certificate(s) / scroll(s) or a university certification letter if the degree has not yet been conferred.
- Two online recommendation reports to be submitted by the referees.
- Applicants for NUS supervisors/projects must submit GRE scores in their SINGA application.
- Other applicants may be asked by the university to provide satisfactory GRE scores as part of the admission requirement.
- Submission of IELTS / TOEFL / SAT I & II / GATE results is optional and could be requested later for admission.
Method of Application:
Interested and eligible applicants can apply through the SINGAPORE INTERNATIONAL GRADUATE AWARD (SINGA) portal at sms-applicant-app.a-star.edu.sg.
Important Application Instructions:
- Ensure accuracy in the information provided during account registration in the application portal as it will be used for verification upon initial log-in.
- Apply specifically for the “Singapore International Graduate Award (SINGA)” scholarship in the application portal after logging in.
- Refrain from dispatching hard copy documents to the SINGA Office.
- Submit applications early to allow ample time for referees to complete online recommendation reports before the deadline. Applications with two recommendation reports will only be processed.
- Review and confirm all data entered in the online application form for accuracy before submission. Amendments to the application won’t be possible post-submission.
For more details,
Application Deadline: June 1, 2024