If you’re planning to visit Canada for tourism purposes, you need a Canada tourist visa from Nigeria. As a Nigerian citizen, the process can be overwhelming, but don’t worry; we’ve got you covered. In this article, we’ll guide you through all the steps to obtain a tourist visa from India.
Make sure to check: 5 EASY TIPS TO GET A TOURIST VISA TO THE US
What is Canada Tourist Visa?
A Canada Tourist Visa is also called a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV). It is a document that allows foreigners to visit Canada for tourism purposes and other non-immigration purposes. This visa can be issued to an individual who is not a permanent resident or a Canadian citizen.
Eligibility Requirement for Canada Visitor Visa
To be eligible for a Visitor Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) to Canada, you must meet certain requirements set by the Government of Canada’s Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
1. A valid passport that will remain valid for the duration of your intended stay in Canada.
2. Prove that your trip to Canada is for a brief period of time, such as tourism, visiting family or friends, or attending an event as a temporary resident.
3. Show that you have sufficient funds to support yourself during your stay in Canada
4. Convince the visa officer that you have strong ties to your home country and will return to your home country after visiting Canada.
5. You must have No criminal or immigration-related issues.
6. You must be in good health and may go to undergo a medical examination.
7. Prove to the visa officer that you will leave Canada when your approved stay expires.
Documents required for Canada Tourist Visa
1. A valid passport with 6 months validity from the date of arrival in Canada + an Old passport if you have one.
2. Visa application form provided by IRCC
3. Proof of purpose of visit
4. 3 recent Color passport-sized photographs – Dimension: 35mm x 45mm, Background: White
5. Financial documents include bank statements, pay stubs, employment letters, and other financial documents.
6. Proof of ties to your home country, such as employment letters, property ownership, family relationships, or other commitments.
7. Travel history
8. Hotel Reservations
9. A letter of invitation from a host in Canada.
10. Income Tax returns / Form 16 for the last 3 years.
11. If Student – School/College ID card copy.
12. If Retired – Retirement proof/pension passbook or slips.
13. Other documents can be checked here
How to Apply?
To apply for a Canada Tourist Visa (Temporary Resident Visa) from Nigeria, you can follow these steps:
1. Determine your eligibility as mentioned in the blog
2. Gather the required documents as given in the blog
3. Complete the online application form by providing accurate and up-to-date information.
4. Pay the required visa application fees online through the IRCC website.
5. The fees are non-refundable, so meet all the requirements before submitting your payment.
6. Schedule an appointment to provide your biometrics, as In Nigeria, you will be required to provide your biometric information (fingerprints and photograph) at a Visa Application Center (VAC).
7. Submit your application with all the required supporting documents as per the instructions provided.
8. After submitting your application, wait for processing and decision as it will undergo processing by the visa office, and the processing times can vary.
9. If your visa application is approved, you will be asked to submit your passport to the VAC for visa issuance.
Visitor visa (including super visa) or extend your stay in Canada
Note: – Fee amount can be changed as per Government instructions. Kindly check on the official Government website for surety.
You may also check: Best Way To Get PR In Australia 2023
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the minimum amount required for a Canada tourist visa?
If a person is coming to Canada to stay, the required amount will be 1,230 CAD every month for their monthly expenses, and for tourism purposes, 2,000+ CAD will be needed for 30 days per person.
What type of tourist visa is required for Canada?
A Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) or a visitor visa is a legal document given through the visa office. It confirms that you have met all the requirements for visiting Canada.
Can I extend my Canada visit visa?
Yes, You can extend your Canada visit visa, but you should apply at least 30 days before your status expires.
You need to apply for a visitor record to extend the same visa, and a visitor record includes a new expiry date that’s the new date that you must leave Canada before the current date.
How can I apply for a Canada Tourist Visa?
To apply for a Canada Tourist Visa (Temporary Resident Visa), you can follow these six steps:
1. Determine your eligibility, such as a valid passport, proof of the purpose of your visit, showing sufficient funds for your stay, and proving your intent to return to your home country.
2. Collect the necessary documents for your visa application mentioned on the government website.
3. Completely Fill out the appropriate visa application form with accurate and truthful information.
4. Pay the required visa application fees through the IRCC website.
5. Submit your completed application form, all the required documents, and payment receipts, and follow the instructions.
6. Wait for processing and decision and check the status of your application online.
Is Canada Visitor Visa open for Nigeria?
Nigerian citizens can apply for a Canada tourist visa, but the applicant must hold a passport valid for up to 6 months.
Do I need a Temporary Resident Visa?
If a person is not a Canadian Citizen or not a Permanent Resident, then you may require a Temporary Resident Visa or visitor visa.
What is the processing time for a Canada visa from Nigeria?
The Canadian authorities will have to complete the process within 8 weeks of application, and the time can vary due to the following factor. If the volume of applications is more than the usual days, then time can be exceeded.
Can I get a Canada visitor visa for 10 years?
Yes, you can get a Canada visitor visa or temporary resident visa for six months to 10 years, and you must arrive in Canada on or before the visa’s expiration date.