The Steve Eshiemogie Scholarship is available to final-year undergraduate students enrolled in Nigerian federal government universities, focusing on those interested in building lifelong careers in biological sciences and engineering. Applicants should demonstrate a keen interest in applying biotechnology to the sustainable growth and development of the African continent.
The scholarship aims to kindle students’ interest in biotechnology, a field that has played a crucial role in the production of various chemicals, biopharmaceuticals, and other products since its inception in the early 1970s.
- One Hundred Thousand Naira (N100,000)
- Professional career mentorship
- Nigerian student studying in Nigeria
- Enrolled in a federal government university
- Pursuing courses such as chemical engineering, biology, microbiology, biochemistry, cell and molecular biology, plant biology, or related fields
- Advancing to the final year of undergraduate study (completed 300 Level for 4-year courses or 400 Level for 5-year courses)
- Attainment of a last sessional CGPA of at least 4.3 on a 5.0 scale or 3.3 on a 4.0 scale.
- Not being a beneficiary of any other scholarship.
The selection committee considers both need and merit. Outstanding performance is the primary criterion, and from there, students with the greatest need are chosen. Eligible applicants are encouraged to apply for this scholarship.
- Application opens: February 17, 2024
- Application closes: February 24, 2024
- Scholars notified: March 30, 2024
- Draft a comprehensive statement of purpose, elucidating your motivation for pursuing your course and outlining your future plans. Clearly explain the rationale behind your choice of the current course, the challenges faced, the intended research for your undergraduate project, post-graduation plans, how you aim to make an impact in your country and Africa, and other pertinent details and achievements that strengthen your application. The statement of purpose should not exceed 2 pages and must be saved as a PDF document. Note: There is no prescribed writing style; use your own words and style. Prohibited use of AI tools will result in automatic disqualification.
- Prepare a well-structured CV/Resume and save it in PDF format.
- Obtain two letters of recommendation from lecturers (or professors) in your department. Scan these letters and save them as PDF files. Mobile phone scanning is acceptable.
- Acquire a signed letter from your Head of Department (HOD) or course advisor confirming that you are not a beneficiary of any other scholarship. Download and use the provided draft HERE
- Secure a copy of your undergraduate transcript displaying your grades from 100 to your current level. Note: Self-reported transcripts are accepted. If official transcripts from your institution are unattainable, you can draft your transcripts without requiring an official signature or stamp. Download and use the self-reported transcript template provided HERE
- Prepare a document specifying the full amount of your tuition (school fee), the start and end date of your final year of study, the official deadline for payment of your school fee, and the title of your undergraduate project topic (if applicable).
- Send all documents to email@example.com with the subject of the email “APPLICATION FOR STEVE ESHIEMOGIE SCHOLARSHIP 2024.” Ensure all documents are saved in PDF format.
For additional details,
Application Deadline: February 24, 2024.