The James Dyson Prize is a prestigious worldwide design prize that recognizes outstanding design and aims to celebrate, promote, and inspire the next generation of design engineers. The James Dyson Foundation, the charitable trust established by James Dyson, is in charge of organizing this competition, and it is open to design engineering students who are currently enrolled in school as well as those who have graduated recently. The purpose of this competition is to pique the interest of young people in the field of design engineering.
THE AIM IS TO CREATE A SOLUTION TO THE PROBLEM STATEMENT.
The James Dyson Foundation is searching for designers that can think beyond the box in order to develop items that have improved functionality. Engineers who operate using an iterative approach to the design process. The panel of judges, and James Dyson in particular, are drawn to concepts that make use of brilliant yet basic technical principles. It would be much more impressive if yours was a design that was environmentally friendly. We would love to see that your invention is financially feasible in addition to demonstrating that it is technically viable; thus, please include any study that you have done into manufacturing processes in your submission.
- You have the opportunity to establish a reputation for yourself as an innovator by entering the James Dyson Award competition. You have the opportunity to win a big monetary reward, acquire visibility in the media that can help launch your career, earn the respect of your colleagues, and maybe even develop the self-assurance to start your own business. You can do all of these things if you win.
- The winner of the national competition will get $8,000.
- Runners-up from across the world, get $8,000
- Sustainability prize: $49,000
- International winner: $49,000
To Learn More:
Visit the official website for further information to find out more.
The last day to send in an application is July 19, 2023.