Applications are presently open for the 2024 Global Internship Program (GIP) offered by the International Finance Corporation (IFC). This program offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to gain exposure to the mission and operations of IFC and the broader World Bank Group, enabling them to become part of the world’s largest private sector development institution. The program encourages participants to bring fresh perspectives and innovative ideas to IFC’s initiatives while enhancing their skills in a diverse and stimulating environment. Additionally, the Global Internship Program facilitates the exchange of ideas and networking opportunities with international professionals committed to alleviating extreme poverty and fostering prosperity in the developing world.
- Candidates must currently be enrolled in a Master’s degree program, with a minimum of three years of relevant professional experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct market and industry research.
- Analyze financial statements and construct financial models.
- Conduct company research as part of the IDD process.
- Contribute to other team efforts as necessary.
- Applicants must currently be registered in a Master’s degree program.
- Preferred fields of study include MBA and Master’s in finance.
- Previous work experience of 2–3 years is desirable.
- Fluency in English and French, with the ability to comprehend business reports, is required.
- IFC recruits Global Interns for a minimum period of four weeks between May and September to engage in specific projects either in Washington, D.C. or
or in any of IFC’s country or regional branches. Many of the listed opportunities also offer the option for virtual participation.
- Operational tasks include a range of activities such as sector-specific market analysis, assessment of investment proposals, financial modeling and analysis, portfolio management, involvement in upstream projects, and offering advisory services. Additionally, assignments may involve a range of activities within corporate and support departments.
- Global Interns receive access to corporate orientation, skills training, and regular learning events and activities tailored for the GIP cohort.
- Following a comprehensive evaluation process at the end of the internship, successful GIP interns are encouraged to apply for the WBG Young Professionals Program if they meet the application requirements or for any other full-time opportunities available upon graduation.
For More Information:
Application Deadline: February 25th, 2024, 11:59pm UTC