Unilever Plc – We manufacture, sell, and distribute the goods that people select to feed their families, maintain their hygiene, and furnish their homes.
Subscribe to our Whatapp Channel for more job updates and support – CLICK HERE
Our brands are trusted globally, and we’ve developed into one of the world’s most successful consumer product businesses by listening to the people who purchase them.
Applications are invited from all competent graduates, and they are encouraged to apply for the job vacancy at Unilever Nigeria Plc.
Job Specifications: CD Finance Business Partner
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
The major responsibility of the CD Finance Partner is to give management decision support in order to maximize the return on our CD investments and contribute to value creation via the Customer Development Function.
The National CD Finance Partner works primarily with the CD Leadership Team (composed of channel and customer/channel marketing directors) and from time to time with Area Managers, Customer/Distributor Managers, Group Customer/Channel Marketing Managers, Customer/Channel Marketing Managers, and Field Execution Managers.
The National CD Finance Partner is also responsible for overseeing the Order to Cash Process and working with various stakeholders to drive efficiencies and transparency in the O2C process to keep overdue debt levels within targets.
TRADE, CHANNEL & CUSTOMER STRATEGY AND BUSINESS PLANNING:
Partners with CD to ensure CD plans are aligned to the Integrated Business Planning process of Unilever.
- Jobs-to-be-Done (J2BD) Setting – participates in the J2BD setting process of trade/channel strategy planning to ensure objectives are measurable and aligned to financial targets in the Annual/Stretch Plan, CD SIA and alignment to the BMP/NCBP.
- Think Big & Think Tight – Ensure proposed channel and customer proposals are strategically aligned, deliver brand, customer and shopper benefits;
- Integrate – Aligns with BB Finance partners and with the Integrated Business Planning team to ensure that channel, shopper, and brand inputs are integrated into a common plan for action. Once the BMP & TCP are finalized and fed into the Annual/Stretch Plan, review consolidated budgets and approve per area/channel and/or customer budgets before CD budgets are released to Field; Ensure CD’s annual budgets have clear priorities and KPIs.
SETS THE TONE OVER TRADE TERMS AND TRADE MARKETING INVESTMENT MANAGEMENT
- Effectiveness: Ensures trade marketing investment creates value for Unilever driving accountability and delivery of business results (Win with Customers); Includes driving differentiated trade marketing investments across the channels (Strategic Investing for Growth)
- Technology Foundation & Delivery: Ensure full utilization and improvements to OPSO Light Plus (promo funds management system) to deliver timely and relevant trade terms spend monitoring and visibility over the effectiveness of trade/ customer marketing spend.
- Forecasting: develop CD and CD Finance’s capability to forecast CD-led TTS and TA&P spend (from quarter to 6 months to 12-18 months); Accountable for ensuring forecast accuracy and zero bias (at aggregate category and brand spend level)
- Dynamic Resource Allocation: Ensures monies are available to channels/customers/categories which need it the most; Regularly reviews and aligns spend to category performance, especially variable terms/investments.
- Budget Control: Approves budget addendum (add, reduction, transfers) and facilitates budget asks of CD to S&OP and/or Category Boards
- Training: accountable for step-changing CD capability in SIFG and (finance-related) WwC agenda. Drive the development of training programs/material on Global Trade Terms Policy Awareness, CSCOA/Customer P&L, Promo Evals/OPSO framework, ROI Training, and Trade (retailer) Profitability Training.
ENSURES CD DELIVERS A POSITIVE RETURN ON TRADE MARKETING INVESTMENT BY ESTABLISHING THE OPSO (OPTIMIZING PROMOTIONAL SELL-OUT) FRAMEWORK IN CD:
- Evaluation: Establish formal avenues and processes that enable regular review and approval of promotions, fully supported with a clear business case (pre-evaluation); Ensure 50% to 90% of promotions (TTS Business Building, CPP & PE spend) are regularly evaluated and that a minimum of 10 percentage points improvement in ROI is delivered year-on-year;
- Technology Foundation & Delivery: Ensures consistency of the use of a common tool for evaluations and properly documented through a common platform (e.g. OPSO Light Plus) used by finance partners and all relevant CD functional teams (e.g. CMD and CMD);
- Sharing of Learnings: Drives a common process across CD to review and share learnings.
- Continuous Improvement: Drives improvement in the execution of future promotions based on learnings drawn from past promotions.
INTEGRATED BUSINESS PLAN & TARGET FRAMEWORK
- Support Financial input required centrally and globally to arrive at business unit target framework for the year.
- Determined Financial modeling by category, which will support in-year growth and profit ambition FGM (Financial Growth Model)
- S&OP and Financial Forecast Cash up
- Own end-to-end financial forecast cash up for the full P&L as part of monthly S&OP and Financial Forecast submission.
- Coordinate and ensure timely and qualitative cash-up for all P&L lines.
- Ensure adequate review, accountability, and alignment between each data and process the owner consider in the financial cash up.
- Prepare and share the S&OP Financial deck with assumption opportunities and risks considered in the Forecast (ARO), as well as variance analysis of the current Forecast vs the Previous and prior year.
- Month-end closing and performance management.
- Coordinate Month end closing activities in collaboration with the support team – Global Management and reporting team (GMR team).
- Consolidate and lead actual performance analysis and provide documented insight to the business – (General Manager, Finance Director )
- Support overall performance reporting submission as part of the month-end closing activities.
- Control and governance
- Enforce cadence and governance around the end-to-end Financial forecast process with an aligned S&OP calendar, handshake meeting and sign-off as per standard process.
- Overall GFCF (Global Financial Control Framework) Record to report compliance for (RTR C4.3b; RTR C4.2b)
- Business partnering and value moment.
- Champion GM for any Gap closing activities and risk and opportunities management
- Provide insightful analytics for decision support and report requirements to the NFD on demand.
- Drive Top SKU and material performance focus under Pareto lenses to impact profit.
- Reviews compliance of CD to pricing actions.
RESULTS REPORTING AND ANALYSIS:
SYSTEMS DEVELOPMENT SUPPORT
ORDER TO CASH PROCESS OVERSIGHT AND MANAGEMENT
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University graduate
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals should submit an application by selecting the “Apply” button below.
Deadline: Not Specified