The U.S. Consulate General: A diplomatic mission is a team from one country or an international intergovernmental organization (like the United Nations) that is stationed in another country to formally represent the sending country or organization in the receiving country.
For the open posts, the U.S. Consulate General is hiring. It is encouraged for all interested individuals to carefully review the positions that are open and submit their applications before the deadline.
Apply now for the latest vacancy at the US Consulate General. All Available positions are listed below:
Deadline: May 20, 2023
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Lagos | Nigeria.
- The incumbent offers services and assistance for technological security to positions in its specific geographic area.
- manages the ESC/ESO inventory and is in charge of the supply chain, logistics, purchasing, and inventory reconciliation of the technical systems and equipment that the ESC/ESO maintains at its residential post and at the posts that make up its regional network of member posts.
- assists in making travel reservations, managing the office travel budget, and other administrative tasks.
- You need to have finished High School, Secondary School, or a comparable academic program.
A minimum of three (3) years of office-based administrative and/or logistical experience are needed.
This might be examined. Please indicate in your application what level of skill you have in each of the mentioned languages.
The ability to read, write, and speak English fluently is necessary.
Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO):
- Without regard to country origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation, the U.S. Mission offers all applicants for employment equal opportunity as well as fair and equitable treatment.
All candidates will have to successfully complete medical and security certifications in order to be considered.
Benefits and Other Info
- At the U.S. Mission in Lagos, Nigeria, locally employed staff, including members of the household (MOHs) and third-country nationals (TCNs), may receive a compensation package that includes health, separation, and other benefits.
- Benefits for EFMs should be discussed with the HR department.
- The HR Office assigns the salary plan at the time of the conditional offer letter.
- Selection Procedure for Hiring Preferences: In the order mentioned below, hiring preferences are granted to applicants in the following recruiting preference categories. In order to avoid rejection, it is crucial that these applicants completely disclose their status on the application. If this isn’t done, it can be decided that the applicant isn’t qualified for the hiring preference.
Order of Hiring Preference:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
- Applications claiming to be preference-eligible U.S. Veterans must include a copy of their most current DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documents, or certification.
- A “certification” is any written statement from the Armed Forces that confirms the service member is anticipated to be released from active duty in the armed forces under honorable terms within 120 days after the certification is filed by the applicant.
- The certification letter should be printed on the letterhead of the relevant military branch and include the following information: (1) dates of military service, including the anticipated date of discharge or release; and (2) the nature of the service.
- To receive the preference, appropriate documents must be supplied.
- ** All Foreign Service personnel on LWOP or CS with the option to return to their agency or bureau are given this level of preference.
To learn more, such as what an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?)
USD 40,488 / Month
Method of Application
Those who are qualified and interested should click the button below to apply.
Deadline: May 20, 2023