The Young Founders Programme is a six (6) month fellowship for excellent emerging-market young entrepreneurs. It brings together leaders from all around the world who are all striving for business excellence.
- You are a national or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- You have recently (within the previous five years) established a for-profit firm focusing on developing or emerging markets.
- Your firm has a scalable business plan that has produced revenue or received a first round of external investment.
- You or your company has disruptive characteristics that can improve the industry’s quality, impact, or inclusivity.
- You have an excellent working understanding of English.
- You can attend the digital kick-off conference and engage in program activities over the next six months.
- Kick-Off Conference: On September 4 and 5, 2023, there will be a two-day digital kick-off conference.
- Remote Program: The Young Founders will get six months of assistance, including a personal mentor, monthly peer learning sessions, monthly expert workshops, and networking opportunities with corporates and investors, from September to February.
- Berlin Conference: In May 2024, the top ten Young Founders will be invited to Berlin for a five-day conference. Founders will have the priviledge to pitch to investors, engage in seminars, attend networking events, and gain insights into the German start-up landscape during this conference.
A special interaction with a seasoned entrepreneur or investor who acts as your shielding partner.
Interactions with other prosperous young entrepreneurs in the cohort in order to exchange information and offer support to one another.
Meetings with top-notch specialists that go in-depth on pertinent subjects.
Access to new business prospects through connections with program graduates, partners, and other Westerwelle Foundation network members.
Accessibility to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem through a fully sponsored 5-day conference with other founders for the top 10 participants.
The following application will help our Program Team understand your startup and profile. Please prepare the following crucial elements:
- Your startup pitch deck
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile and/or CV
With this on hand, the application will take approximately 20 minutes. Only complete applications will be reviewed.
Interviews with shortlisted candidates: August 16-29, 2023
Notification of all applicants: August 31
For More Information:
Application Deadline: August 13th, 2023