The World Health Organization (WHO) is a specialized agency of the United Nations entrusted with the responsibility of international public health.
The WHO Constitution establishes the organization’s governing structure and ideals and stipulates that the organization’s primary purpose is “the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.” Its headquarters are in Geneva, Switzerland, and includes six semi-autonomous regional offices and 150 field offices globally.
All competent graduates are encouraged to apply for the role of communications officer at the World Health Organization (WHO).
Job Specifications: Communications and Social Media Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Required Qualifications: BA/BSC/HND
Location: Abuja | Nigeria.
Implement a social media strategy for increasing the number of followers and engagement with WHO Nigeria’s social media channels; Manage social media channels and engage with audiences, moderating comments on social media posts and intervening as appropriate to answer questions and guide the conversation in consultation with Clusters and programs; Produce social media content from sources such as press releases, speeches, reports, documents and other WHO websites; Liaise with Clusters and Programmes on their social media requirements and developing material for social media platforms; Develop social media campaign material around relevant health themes for the WHO Nigeria Gather and evaluate social media metrics to determine reach, engagement, and other performance indicators for social media postings, accounts, and campaigns; Create messaging for social media kits for major events; Maintain and identify content for the homepage and main landing pages; Carry out regular quality control by ensuring a consistent presentation across various web pages by ensuringappropriate formatting, layout, placement and relevance; Ensure that there is an appropriate balance of both written, visual and multimedia content on the website and that it is regularly refreshed; Scan new content published on Country Office websites to ensure quality and consistency.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Essential: Completing secondary school education with communications/information technology training.
- Desirable: Bachelor’s degree in communications, information management or technology, public health.
- Essential: 10 years experience in communications with some years in cooperate social media management.
- Desirable: Proficiency with photography and video. Proficiency in designing social media cards, gifts, and other materials.
- Communications and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate with respect, tact, and diplomacy. Thorough understanding of the ideas, tactics, and practices of online information dissemination via social media platforms and the web. A thorough understanding of the impact of communications on an organization’s reputation, image, and success, as well as the role the web and social media, have in this regard. Ability to transform technical information for different target audiences.
Salary: NGN 14,735,506 PA
Method of Application
Interested and qualified individuals should submit an application by selecting the “Apply” button below.
Deadline: June 29, 2023