The 2024 World Trade Organization (WTO) Essay Award is currently accepting applications. The WTO is inviting young economists to submit papers for consideration for the 2024 WTO Essay Award. The objective of the award is to encourage high-quality research on trade policy and international trade cooperation while strengthening the relationship between the WTO and the academic community.
- Papers must address topics related to trade policy and international trade cooperation.
- Authors must hold or be in the process of completing a PhD degree and, if aged over 30, should be no more than two years beyond their PhD defense.
- For papers co-authored by multiple individuals, this requirement is applicable to all authors.. Additionally, essays must not exceed 15,000 words to be considered for the award.
- The annual WTO Essay Award offers a prize of CHF 5,000 to the author(s) of the winning essay. In the case of co-authored papers, the prize will be divided equally among the authors.
- The winning paper will be officially announced during the annual meeting of the European Trade Study Group (ETSG), the largest conference specializing in international trade. The award ceremony is scheduled to occur from September 12th to September 14th, 2024, at Athens University in Greece.
- The winning author will receive financial support to attend the meeting.
Submissions of essays must be completed by June 3rd, 2024.
- The Economic Research and Statistics Division of the WTO Secretariat will shortlist eligible papers by June 17, 2024, with the final decision made by the selection panel by July 8, 2024.
- Only the authors of short-listed essays will be notified.
- The victorious essay might be featured in the WTO Working Paper Series. Authors are responsible for attempting to secure publication of their contribution in a journal.
All submissions should be emailed to email@example.com. Submissions should include
- the essay
- the CV of the author(s) as separate attachments in PDF format, specifying current affiliation(s), the academic institution awarding the PhD, the year (or expected year) of the PhD, and the date of birth of the author(s).
For More Information:
Application Deadline: 3 June 2024