Applications are currently open for the 2024 Youth Business International (YBI) BootCamp, offering a unique opportunity for young entrepreneurs supported by YBI members. This program allows participants to learn from experts in impact entrepreneurship, collaborate with peers worldwide, and potentially be shortlisted for the Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award. The five-day bootcamp, scheduled for June in London, UK, is free to apply and covers all expenses. The focus is on providing transformative learning experiences, fostering global business relationships, refining pitch skills, mastering effective leadership, and creating lasting supportive connections with peers and business leaders.
The Youth Business International Bootcamp will be held in London, UK, from June 17 to 21, 2024, while the Global Youth Entrepreneurship Summit is slated for Nairobi, Kenya, in October 2024.
To be eligible to apply for the Youth Business International Bootcamp, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must have been born between November 1, 1989, and January 1, 2006.
- You should be currently receiving support or have received support within the last 24 months from a YBI member.
- You must serve as an Entrepreneur/Business Owner operating in the Impact Entrepreneurship space (refer to the provided definition).
- Your business should have a minimum of three years in operation, and there should be evidence of multiple projects successfully launched to the market.
- The financial analysis of your business must present evidence supporting the assertion that the business holds High Growth Potential (see definition below).
- Your business must demonstrate the potential to qualify for one of the three Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards categories mentioned above.
- YBI will finance flights, visas, accommodation, and catering for Bootcamp participants.
- YBI will also bear the costs of flights, visas, and accommodation for the nine finalists attending the pitch day and awards ceremony at the Global Youth Entrepreneurship Summit.
- Monetary prizes are up for grabs in the Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, with prize values yet to be determined. The minimum prize for the top winner will be a $10,000 grant.
In addition to the exceptional opportunity to gain fresh global perspectives and connect with fellow impact entrepreneurs worldwide, participants will:
- Listen to insights from accomplished and inspiring entrepreneurs.
- Develop a roadmap for scaling their ventures.
- Refine their entrepreneurial narrative.
- Cultivate a growth mindset.
- Benefit from leadership skills and emotional intelligence enhancement.
- Participate in a strategic networking masterclass.
- Enhance pitch training and presentation skills.
- Network with influential founders and leaders.
- Enjoy a taste of London’s vibrant atmosphere.
Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards
Participants in the Bootcamp will have the exclusive chance to be nominated for the Global Young Entrepreneur of the Year Awards, which come with monetary prizes. The awards are divided into three categories.
- Social entrepreneurship This category is for entrepreneurs leading businesses primarily focused on addressing and resolving societal challenges, such as poverty, inequality, education, and healthcare.
- Climate entrepreneurship Entrepreneurs in this category lead businesses primarily dedicated to combating climate change and its associated challenges. They work in areas like energy efficiency, carbon capture, waste management, sustainable agriculture, water resource management, and climate adaptation.
- Sustainable entrepreneurship This category is for entrepreneurs leading businesses that integrate economic, social, and environmental considerations into their core operations and decision-making. The remaining 21 young entrepreneurs will continue to have access to an online networking platform for the entire cohort. They can share challenges, successes and support their peers shortlisted for the awards.
The awards are categorized into three groups.
- Pitch judging at the Bootcamp will select the nine finalists.
- Public voting will open in July to help determine the winner.
- A second pitching session will take place before the Global Youth Entrepreneurship Summit, where the winners will be announced.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: February 16, 2024.