Applications are currently open for the 2024 Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs/Orange Corners Enterprising Futures Scholarship.
The Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) and its youth entrepreneurship initiative, Orange Corners, are dedicated to investing in education and youth employment, aiming to enhance prospects for young people, especially in developing countries and fragile states. The goal is to bridge the gap between the skills young individuals acquire and the demands of the labor market.
In line with these objectives, the Dutch MFA and Orange Corners are delighted to announce their annual scholarship in partnership with One Young World. This initiative aims to provide young leaders and entrepreneurs from these countries with an opportunity to participate in the annual One Young World Summit.
The One Young World Summit 2024 will bring together 2,000 young leaders from over 190 countries in Montréal for a global forum where they will present and debate solutions to contemporary challenges alongside senior leaders. This experience will provide young entrepreneurs with a unique opportunity to engage, build on successful initiatives, and connect with other changemakers worldwide.
The Enterprising Futures Scholarship is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Empower young leaders to create sustainable job opportunities in selected regions.
- Harness the potential of young people widely for job creation, emphasizing their role in fostering prosperous societies.
- Raise awareness about youth unemployment and share best practices on this critical subject.
Candidates must fulfill the following criteria:
- Age between 18 and 34 by the date of the One Young World 2024 Summit in September.
- Actively involved in the fields of youth employment and job creation, either as entrepreneurs or in a similar capacity, with the ability to demonstrate this engagement.
- Nationals of and residents in one of the following countries: Algeria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Côte d’Ivoire, Egypt, Ethiopia, Iraq (including the Kurdistan region of Iraq), Jordan, Senegal, Somalia, Sudan, South Sudan, Kenya, Lebanon, Mali, Mozambique, Morocco, Niger, Nigeria, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and Uganda. Candidates with refugee status are also eligible.
- Fluent in English, as both the One Young World Summit and the Enterprising Futures pre- and post-program activities will be conducted in English.
- Available to participate in the program full-time between September 17 and 22, 2023, as well as on pre- and post-program dates.
Enterprising Futures Scholars will receive:
- Participation in supplementary events coordinated by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Orange Corners.
- Participation in additional events arranged by the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Orange Corners.
- Attendance at the One Young World Summit 2024, scheduled from September 18 to 21 in Montréal, Canada.
- Accommodation at a hotel during the Summit dates.
- Provision of one night of hotel accommodation (if necessary) for the visa application process.
- Extra night of accommodation before the Summit (if needed).
- Coverage of travel expenses to and from the host city of the Summit (economy flights).
- Reimbursement of domestic travel costs to the airport for the international flight (economy flight).
- Support for travel to the visa application process (if necessary).
- Financial assistance for visa costs (including visa fees and required travel for visa appointments).
- Catering, encompassing breakfast at the hotel accommodation and lunch and dinner during the summit.
- Transportation between the Summit accommodation and the Summit venue.
- Lifetime membership to the OYW community.
For More Information,
Application Deadline: March 15, 2024.